we love to hear from new students, call us anytime.
the email goes right to our mailbox; we check it all day.
Pleasanton Engineer, Dad “I really like your teaching style and enthusiasm. The class size is not very large so one gets really good attention to details from Sensei….Your patience for novice like me is commendable.”
Pleasanton Mother “We are very lucky to have a Dojo like yours in Pleasanton.”
Pleasanton Physician, Dad & son are students “Outstanding instruction. Dedicated, trustworthy and competent instructor.“
Alameda County Deputy, Dad “Supportive environment, close knit group and awesome instruction.“
Traditional martial arts dojo teaching Goju Ryu Karatedo to Adults/Teens and kids 7+ (with parents in class).
We are a safe, friendly, fun, family oriented dojo.
We focus on self discipline, self confidence, power, flexibility, balance, stability, core strength, endurance, and more!
Part of the All Japan Karatedo Federation Goju Kai, one of the largest karate organizations in the world headquartered in Japan.
Learn about our instructor: Sanjit Mandal
2014 USA-NKF National Champion in Okinawan/Japanese Kata
Produced many national and collegiate champions since 2002.
What do we focus on?
1. Getting adults and teens, especially parents, in shape, and their children (6+)
Each child is encouraged to try a class first to determine how they will fit in. Children 9+ are able to join in with the adults classes at the instructors discretion; this is a case by case situation as each child is different.
- With school, work, family, children, spouse it can be tough to make time to figure out how to maintain mental, physical, and spiritual health; and this is exactly what we focus on here using over 20 years of fitness experience and Goju Ryu Karatedo.
- Unlike any other martial arts school, we make the extra effort to stretch to increase flexibility because as we age we tend to lose this quickly. Integrating yoga poses and various stretching methods can help reduce injury in our daily lives (picking up our kids or spouse , a box, stroller, boxes in the garage, bags of groceries, sitting at a computer, even walking, etc.)
Class Format – ever class consists of:
- warm ups (get the blood flowing, body moving to produce synovial fluid in the joints)
- stretching (to limber up)
- conditioning (muscle conditioning, strengthening, endurance)
- basics/moving basics (kihon, kihon ido)
- partner drills (kicking pads or targets, working in pairs or in small groups)
- kata and/or kumite, and
- cool downs/stretching (to increase flexibility)
Each class is completely different from the previous and has a different focus. Each week we alternate between emphasis on kata and kumite to ensure enough time is spent covering certain katas and drills.