A traditional Pleasanton Martial Arts Dojo
We teach Goju Ryu Karate to Adults and their children.
We are a dojo in Pleasanton, CA that started in 2011 and have finally found a location to call home Club One Pleasanton.
Tuesday Karate – Yoga and Barre Studio
Saturday Karate – Group Fitness Studio
Playcare – 2000 sq ft with infant room
Unlike most martial arts schools in the Bay Area, our facility offers a 2000 sq. foot childcare area for a small fee.
What do we focus on?
1. Getting adults, especially parents, in shape, and their children (4+)
Each child is encouraged to try a class first to determine how they will fit in. Children 9+ are able to join in with the adults classes at the instructors discretion; this is a case by case situation as each child is different.
- With school, work, family, children, spouse it can be tough to make time to figure out how to maintain mental, physical, and spiritual health; and this is exactly what we focus on here using over 20 years of fitness experience and Goju Ryu Karatedo.
- Unlike any other martial arts school, we make the extra effort to stretch to increase flexibility because as we age we tend to lose this quickly. Integrating yoga poses and various stretching methods can help reduce injury in our daily lives (picking up our kids or spouse , a box, stroller, boxes in the garage, bags of groceries, sitting at a computer, even walking, etc.)
This is the second dojo that the head instructor Sanjit Mandal has started; his first was in Boston in 1997 and closed down in 2010 after 13 years.
Class Format – ever class consists of:
- warm ups (get the blood flowing, body moving to produce synovial fluid in the joints)
- stretching (to limber up)
- conditioning (muscle conditioning, strengthening, endurance)
- basics/moving basics (kihon, kihon ido)
- partner drills (kicking pads or targets, working in pairs or in small groups)
- kata and/or kumite, and
- cool downs/stretching (to increase flexibility)
Each class is completely different from the previous and has a different focus. Each week we alternate between emphasis on kata and kumite to ensure enough time is spent covering certain katas and drills.
To sign up call 925.272.8348 or fill out the form below: